To reduce gun violence, we have to stop the flow of lost and stolen firearms. Our next big chance is coming THIS WEEK.
On Thursday, we need the Senate to restore the law that helps stop the illegal guns pipeline through sensible inventory checks. Will you join with the Newtown community in calling on the Appropriations Committee to let the ATF enforce existing laws?
Call and email the Senators below right this minute! Tell them to defeat the "Lost and Stolen Guns" rider. Accounting for these guns and keeping them off the streets will save lives.
Sen. Mark Begich (D-Alaska) • (202) 224-9048 • Click to email.
Sen. Daniel Coats (R-Indiana) • (202) 224-5623 • Click to email.
Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) • (202) 224-2523 • Click to email.
Sen. Mike Johanns (R-Nebraska) • (202) 224-4224 • Click to email.
Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) • (202) 224-6665 • Click to email.
Sen. Mark Pryor (D-Arkansas) • (202) 224-2353 • Click to email.
Sen. Jon Tester (D-Montana) • (202) 224-2644 • Click to email.
After you call or email, use the form below to let us know how it went.
More Information / Talking Points
- We know that many say we need to better enforce the laws on the books rather than pass new laws. If we're serious about that, here is a place to start allowing law enforcement to do its job and enforce existing laws.
- The Senate Appropriations Committee will consider the Commerce, Justice, Science Appropriations bill on Thursday of this week.
- Since 2004, Congress has prevented ATF from requiring gun dealers to conduct an annual inventory check. An amendment will be offered on Thursday to lift this prohibition and allow ATF to enforce existing laws.
- Between 2004 and 2011, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms found nearly 175,000 firearms missing from dealer inventories. We need to address this deadly pipeline of lost and stolen firearms.
- We need every senator's vote this week.
A project of Sandy Hook Promise Action Fund